Recovery From Family

If any elder sibling bear the expenses of their younger brother and sister ( study and livehood) because thier father does not wanted to spend his money on his family. Then can elder sibling ask for money which he spends on his family and his younger siblings. They had made only verbal agreement about returning of study expenses but for rest expenses like food, clothes and daily expenses , the have not told anything. Now thier parents are saying that you are our elder child so that was your responsibility to take care of your younger siblings. So please suggest what I can do so that I can get my money back as now I have required money.

Free Legal Advice - family dispute

Posted by: Reeta

Posted on: 2022-01-12

Good evening Reeta. Are your siblings minors or a majors? Im assuming they are minors. The father has an obligation under the law to maintain his children until adulthood. Therefore it naturally follows that you must be paid back by your father the funds that you have provided. I would suggest having an open conversation, and if all else fails, technically speaking you have a right under the law to recover the money as the father is responsible for maintaining his minor children. For any other clarification, feel free to reach out. Regards Rishabh Pant, Advocate

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the family dispute at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer

सेवा बुक करें