Legal Case U/s 138, 141 Against My Previous Company Including Me

Respeced Sir's/Mam, I was an employee(Designation - Senior Accountant) in a company. That time on all the purchase orders was signed by myself. Our company issued 3 PDC cheques in Oct-20 to the party but 2 cheques got bounced in Feb-21 & Mar-21. Company paid 1 cheque amount through Net banking in Feb/Mar. The party filed a case u/s 138 & 141 in April-2021 against my previous company including me for both cheques. Liability is more than the both cheques amount. I resigned in December-2020 and joined another company in January-21. They mentioned me as accused No.4. How an employee is responsible for paying company dues or why they are involving me. Two hearings already done but no one present from my previous company and I also not present for hearing. Today I received Summon. What should I have to do in this situation??

Free Legal Advice - civil law

Posted by: Vaibhav

Posted on: 2021-08-13

Hello Mr. Vaibhav, I have seen your concern regarding the cheque bounce matter you have various remedies available where you can show that you don't hold any liability as being in the company there is the principal and agent relation therefore company is only liable irrespective of the signing authority. In order to provide you the better advice I would suggest if we can connect on call as there are various details i would like to collect in order to give you exact advice. you can contact at 7905705906. Looking forward to connect with you.

Hello In such cases, the signee has to be the party. You have to present your case that you signed the cheques on the orders of the company and it is not your own doing against the company ( which can be one scenario) Regards

Hello Mr Vaibhav, sorry for the untoward ordeal that you are going through for a commercial transaction in which you prima facie do not seem to have any role for affixing culpability. Be that as it may it would be heartening on your part to know that you can get the matter quashed as against you by filing a revisional application before the concerned high court under section 482 of the code of criminal procedure 1973. In case you need my help or assistance you may book a consultancy on my number provided herein. Hope you get a quick resolution to your problem.

hello vaibhav, all you need to do is go for quashing of criminal complaint so that you can be out of this ordeal of commercial dispute. For further query kindly book consultation

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the civil law at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail. .

Talk to Top Rated Lawyer

Some issues just cant wait. If you need a resolution right away, then use our quick consult option to speak with our Lawtendo lawyers immediately at a small fee of Rs 600.

Talk to a Lawyer

सेवा बुक करें